Only 10 percent of concussions involve a loss of consciousness, but the other 90 percent can still produce symptoms! Children who exhibit the following warning signs should be stopped, evaluated, and followed by a physician until symptoms resolve.
Campaigns and Social Networking
* Concussion Connection: http://concussionconnection.com
* Parents and Pros for Safer Soccer: http://sportslegacy.org
* The Knockout Project: http://theknockoutproject.org
Concussion Quick Check, an app developed by the American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
* iTunes Store: http://apple.co/1Gz7UlT
* Google Play Store: http://bit.ly/concussion-app
* AAN Reference Sheet: http://bit.ly/concussion-ref
Guidelines and Training
* AAN Sports Concussion Guideline: http://bit.ly/sports-concussion
* AAN Sports Concussion Toolkit:http://www.aan.com/practice/sports-concussion-toolkit
* Free online concussion training from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: http://bit.ly/CDC-HeadsUp
* Free online concussion safety course for high school and youth coaches from the University of Michigan: http://bit.ly/umich-concussion
© 2015 American Academy of Neurology
Disclaimer: This website is for informational and educational purposes.
Any and all blog content represents a synthesis of empirical information found on the internet, of my own personal opinions, and my professional experiences. Nothing posted reflects or should be considered professional advice. Interaction with me via the blog does not constitute a professional or therapeutic relationship. For professional and customized advice, you should seek the services of a licensed mental healthcare professional.
I do not assume liability for any portion or content of material on the blog and accept no liability for damage or injury resulting from your decision to interact with the website.